Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Visa Packet...

I awoke this morning to a phone call from Ghana. The embassy email I had forwarded to our POA was not received. Panic. (Can't pick up the visa packets without the email.) She was already in Accra & it was nearing 2pm (the time the packets have to be picked up). So, I re-sent it. This time she got it. She was unsure if she'd be able to get it printed from the internet cafe & get to the embassy in time. But she did it! She never ceased to amaze me with her efficiency!

So, next week while she is in the US, someone else will take the children to Accra for their medicals. (They will actually have to stay there 3 days. Also, I think the Acai House has raised their prices. So...we get to Western Union several hundred unexpected dollars. Not my favorite thing to do, but I've never seen my POA spend any money on herself. If she asks for it, I know it is legitimately needed.)

Best part- now I can request a visa interview date! As much as I want to request one NOW, I'll have to request it for mid-September when my POA returns. But if that goes smooth (don't laugh, it could happen!), we'll have them by the end of September hopefully!

Seems like maybe I can see a light at the end of the tunnel!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment