But for a child who's never celebrated their own birthday... There's just no accurate way to describe it.
As we were playing with an 'evil balloon' that night, she blurted out, "This is the most fun day I ever had in my life!"
So there it is. The first birthday. And in honor of her 11th birthday- here are 11 random things she has told me this month:
1. At the church where you go all night, you can eat the dirt.
2. Madaam Moke is a ghost who walks around with one high heel.
3. She used to eat the chalk from school.
4. Some people eat the dogs. But she doesn't.
5. She thinks she remembers eating snake at her grandmother's house.
6. If bitten by a snake, put chewed onion on it to draw out the poison.
7. If a schoolgirl's hair grows, it blocks knowledge from reaching her brain. So they keep it shaved.
8. If someone swings their leg over your head, you will be short when you grow.
9. Don't lean a hand on the ground while eating. Satan will soak up all of your food.
11. If you don't have enough blood, you need to drink tomato paste & water.