Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Other Side...

I am SO excited to be on the way to Ghana to FINALLY bring my children home. It still doesn't even seem real. I can't wait to hold them again. I can't wait for them to meet my husband and daughter. I can't wait to tuck them into bed at night, or snuggle on the couch watching movies. I am thrilled beyond measure!


I know Serwaa & Konto are excited that I am coming. (They know I am bringing them candy & gifts!) I know they are excited about America. But- I can't help but feel bad for them. I can't begin to imagine how scary it must be to leave EVERYTHING. I can't imagine going with someone I barely know to a new country, where everyone looks, sounds and smells different. It's sad enough to have to go through the events that led to them living in an orphanage in the first place. And now- they have to experience that loss again. The orphanage has been their home for over 5 years. The people there are like their family. I know this time has a happier ending. I just hate that they are about to lose everything, again. I am so glad they have each other.


Please keep them in your prayers. It's going to be rough. But- it's going to be wonderful at the same time!


I can't believe they will FINALLY be ours, forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment