Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Big Mess...

Sadly, that's what I think about our embassy right now! I hate to say that, because whoever answers the email seems pretty nice. But man, are they not on the same page over there!

I had emailed them recently about our follow up appointment. First, they said the problem with the first visa attempt was that my rep provided a photocopy of the POA, & all they needed was an original. That wasn't true. She had the original, notarized copy- it just didn't have the birthdates on them.

So I told them that the embassy officer at our interview asked for birthdates on the POA. I also said I had mailed it to Ghana & asked when my rep could bring it in. They promptly emailed back to say she had been given an open appointment, & could bring it any Monday, Tuesday or Thursday at 1pm.


I called my rep today. She said the embassy officer had given her an appt card for October the 12th, not an open appointment!

So there you have it- a big mess! It seems that this particular officer is doing her own thing, and the embassy has no idea! It's a little ridiculous that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing!


The point of all this rambling is: I don't know when our rep will turn in the new POA. She is scared that she will travel 8 hours to Accra, pay to spend the night there, and then not be let in if she goes before October 12th. Do better America!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this. They are definitely messed up over there, but... it seems like an email is all that is ever needed to get in to the embassy. She should be able to take the last email you got saying she has an open appointment. My husband and I actually got in with just our approved i600 and got to talk to someone about why they had not responded to our email yet (2 weeks of waiting). They were nice and explained the process, but we did still have to wait. Thing is, they let us in without any appointment! I wish you could persuade her to just go and take the email.

    ReplyDelete