Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Serwaa...

Well, we are finally done with all of the kids' lab work! So glad to be done collecting urine & stool samples!!! Monday we got the results for Serwaa's labwork. The doctor said it was all pretty good! He said they did find two 'things'. He said in all of his 20 years, he had never heard of them. He looked up the first one (don't even know the name). He said treatment is controversial; so if there are no symptoms, he will do nothing. The other 'thing' that showed up as positive wasn't even in his medical book. So if it's anything important he will call back to let me know (once he finds out what it is).




Serwaa is really a very sweet, loving girl. I am so lucky to be her momma. Although she can be a drama queen, she is also very quiet alot of the time. If only I knew what she was thinking.




While she seems generally happy, she does cry sometimes. She never says why. She did tell her friend once that she dreamed she was being choked. She cried & said her throat hurt most of that day. She also cried when trying to write a letter to her 'Ghana mother' (her Aunt who raised her until age 4). I really think she doesn't know how she's supposed to feel about her. She didn't know what to say. She asked me to write a letter, and she would just copy it. So I did. The only line Serwaa added was "I am very happy". Later, we wrote a letter to send 'Grandmother' (the orphanage directress). I also wrote that letter. But Serwaa did add "Here is good. Thank you for helping me to come here. My father, mother and sister are very good. God bless you."




She is starting to try more foods, although she still doesn't like most of them. Especially vegetables.


On Saturday, she went to a birthday party with my daughter. I know you're supposed to stay with your children non-stop for awhile, but I let her go. She actually had fun. When she got home, she ran in to hug and kiss me a million times. So sweet. She also still tells me she loves me almost every day. I am so blessed with this girl.



Serwaa Akweleyaa Knight


No comments:

Post a Comment