Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Writing Prompt.....

So the writing prompt for today on nablopomo.com is :

"Tell us the story of a piece of jewelry you own. Where did it come from, and what does it mean to you?"

I'm totally NOT dedicated enought to write about a prompt every day for a month. But this one I can definately do!

My favorite piece of jewelry is a necklace. It says "Expecting from Ghana".
It came from a dear friend on the other side of the country. I have only met this friend online, but she probably understands me more than any of my 'real life' friends right now! She wore this same necklace while she was waiting for her child to come home!

This necklace means ALOT of things to me. Mostly it means hope. It reminds me that my children WILL come home. Her adoption process was very similar to mine. (Very long, drawn out, and frustrating. But then again- whose adoption isn't!?) BUT- her child DID make it home. And it just reminds me that one day my wait will be over too!

It's really cool to be wearing the exact same necklace someone else wore while waiting for their child from Ghana!


So there you have it. Can't believe the first writing prompt I found was something so easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment